Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 20th, 2016

Dear Family,
So family, I miss you all so much!  I know you guys miss me, I feel your love.  Thank you SO MUCH!  By the time you get this letter we will have already talked on the phone, so if I repeat anything I've already told you, I apologize.
I don't think you understand JUST HOW grateful I am for all the Dear Elders you sent.  And letters.  And the package.  Oh my goodness. I literally have the best family ever.  People in my district were so jealous.  I felt a little bad, but I felt so loved it was okay :).
So you know I got about 46 Dear Elder Letters since I got here!  :)  Don't feel bad, I read them all, every one, and LOVED them SO MUCH!  It made me so happy you guys care so much about me and miss me so much!  Don't stop all the love once I leave to California, though it won't be as easy.  Please!  You guys are the only thing that keeps me goin!
So it's currently Saturday as I write this, I leave in two days.  Finally out of the MTC.  I've loved yet hated it here.  I've learned so much, but I'm ready to actually get in the field.  
So the MTC has been crazy.  We've had one real investigator (we're pretty sure) one who was acting as an investigator but someone found out she's just a member acting.  And then our teacher acting as an investigator he had on his mission.  It's been interesting.  And cool.  But our investigator who is real, she committed to be baptized!  It's been so amazing our lessons with her.  She's so much like Steven!  She's the greatest and Sister Hernandez and I have grown much in teaching her.
Campus is pretty big.  Our residence bedroom is in building 17, 3rd floor, and our classroom is in building 18, 5th floor...so we walk stairs SO MUCH.  Up and down and up and down.  I'll have buns of steel when I get home. Hahahahaha.


So when I got here, I didn't really unpack any clothes.  Just jewelry, shoes, toiletries, etc.  Because there's not much room in our room with 6 girls.  I've been living out of my suitcase.  It's easiest.  Also, I'm on the bottom bunk of Sister Hernandez and I, which I'm SO happy about.  There's no room, so I have to have one of my big luggage actually on the foot of my bed, I have to prop up my legs on it at night to stretch out one luggage right next to the bed on the floor and my little luggage in the closet I get.  They have a set of three drawers in the closet.  I keep jewelry in the top, all my bathroom stuff in the middle drawer, and hats, gloves, scarves, towels in the bottom drawer (I know you totally love hearing all these specifics :).
So I have 2 name tags right now.  A magnetic one, and a pin one, which I bought a clip attachment for the pin to make it easier.  We have to take scriptures, notepad, preach my gospel, daily planner, all that stuff everywhere we go.  My bag is chuck full.  I'm getting a strong shoulder!  Haha.  It's not that bad though.  And I won't have to carry as much in it when I'm actually in the field.
Showers aren't too bad but it's such a hassle.  It’s a lot like Girl's Camp.  We are in our classrooms a majority of the day, then back and forth from meals.  I got to do laundry twice, super easy.  
Oh, so Thursday all day we had, for all of the departing missionaries, something called in-field orientation.  Lasted all day--wasn't too bad.  It was training and workshops.  They taught us how to find people, how to work with members, and other stuff like that.  It was helpful.
Oh, let me tell you about my district!  So, Elder Huff-district leader--he's the cutest little guy, but not little.  He's from Pennsylvania, blond, tall, super hilarious but also keeps us in order, I love his personality!  Elder Hearn from Tennessee is the FUNNIEST Elder of all time he's always making jokes and is so good at telling stories he's tall- super as well.  Oh and he's engaged.  Elder Rosengren--our zone leader form Washington is super cool, he's pretty funny too, likes to have fun.  Elder Steere from Washington--also our zone leader, is super quiet but super funny as well especially because he doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's hilarious.  Sister Hernandez has a super strong personality, likes to be funny, super awkward on purpose.  And Sister Tew from New York is just simply super quiet and shy but super spiritually powerful, always know what to say.  Sister Heseldon from Washington has a strong personality as well.  She's super tall, super funny and she's like 21.  Sister Moore is more quiet but super silly and so spiritual.  Sister Johnson has a strong personality as well she's so cute, super funny, a big leader (from Utah).  I love her so much.

Anyways, I love you guys so much!  Let me know what's going on!  Can't wait to talk to you and then see you on Mother's Day!  Yay!
Sundays here at the MTC are the easiest.  There are a few big buildings that have "chapel rooms' in them, that's where we have sacrament meeting.  Our branch is just our zone and our branch presidency and Relief Society presidency are older couples called as our leaders.
Then on Sundays we always go on a temple walk, have a fireside and watch devotionals by Elder Bednar and Holland only given at the MTC, they are amazing!





Days here at the MTC go by so slow, but the weeks go by so fast.  I feel like I’ve known my district forever and we can never keep the days straight, but his week has been so fast, I can't believe I leave Monday for California.  Our flight is only an hour and a half.

Haselden, Tew and Hearn are going to Nevada Las Vegas West.  Rosengren, Steere and Huff are going to Arizona Phoenix.  And then myself, Hernandez, Johnson and Moore are going to Rancho Cucamonga.
I love hearing from you guys!
Love you,

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment