Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 8, 2016

Family,
So guess what…so you know I’ve been having a REALLY hard time.  Homesickness hurt me so bad, I haven’t been feeling the best about this whole mission thing…I didn’t really like it at all, I missed you all, I dreaded going into every appointment, I just didn’t want to do this.  It was hurting me and I wasn’t comfortable with any of it, you guys, know this all…so last night I received my strength.  I think it’s been in the workings for the past two days.  Sunday we had lunch with this sweet mid/older couple and they were just super fun.  We later had dinner at the Waters families’ house.  They have two daughters, one is married, and her and her husband were there as well.  They are such a cool family and brother Waters is so strengthening.  We had a great time there telling stories and having good talks.  I got some strength from them, we were talking about how to truly have faith, and to rely on God, and how you aren’t usually shown or rewarded until after the trial of your faith.  Then their married daughter and son in law told us about the funny stories of how they met, and some other cool stories, it finally made me feel at home.  Then Monday, yesterday was P-day, we shopped and did whatever we wanted, then we did zone sports, which was fun.  Finally just getting together as missionaries and having fun.  I needed it.  Then we had dinner with the Garcias, a young family, our new Stake President.  They are such a sweet family, we taught the Restoration, challenged them to pray for missionary opportunities and we just had a really good talk.  They’re so cool.  They made me feel at home too.  So on our way to our appointments for the night after dinner, I noticed I finally wasn’t dreading getting out of the car.  And suddenly I noticed that the weight on my shoulders had been lifted a little.  I noticed my trial was still there, I still miss you, and I’m still scared of mission life, but suddenly my burdens were made light.  I couldn’t believe it.  It didn’t hurt as bad.  I know it is because you guys had a family fast for me. 
So I just wanted to let you know that.  I received some of the strength I’ve been praying so hard for.  Not fully, because I still miss you like crazy and still have to learn how to be bold and confident, but my burdens were made a little lighter.  So I’m doing much better than I was.  Thank you for fasting and for all you prayers.  God heard and answered them.  It means so much to me.
I still hurt, I’m still a scaredy cat, I still miss you guys, but God lifted my burdens so they are easier to bear.
I just had to tell you guys that.  Don’t worry about me too much, I’ll be okay.  But keep praying and keep trusting God; you guys are the best family ever.
Keep looking for ways to help others increase their faith in Christ, and helping people is happy because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Trust him, that he’s commanded you to share the gospel, and if you have the desire he will help you do it.  Try to read scriptures with real intent every day and to the things he’s asked.  That’s how he blessed you, if you’re obeying him.
I hope you all have a great week!
I love you guys so much!
Love,

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment