Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 17, 2016- St. Patrick's Day!

Family
I don't even know how to describe how my day went yesterday... We went on exchanges with the sister training leaders and I went with Sister Bergstrom to Apple Valley. It sucked and was good. We had some terrible experiences and some great experiences. First of all I'll tell about the most terrible experience, probably the worst of my mission so far... We were tracting this street, looking for a girl who lives somewhere there. We knocked on this door, just trying to share the gospel... And this guy opens up, we say “Hi, how are you”, he says “fine”, we tell him that we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and he says, “are you kidding me!?” And proceeded to just rip us apart for like 10 minutes straight on his doorstep. Says stuff like “you guys know I only get a day off every 10 days and every freakin day you guys are on the street ringing my doorbell, I'm just having some time for myself with myself, I don't need you guys.” "We don't want to hear from you. Tell your pope in Utah, whoever it is to write down this house and to never send anyone ever again! I especially don't want to hear from you because of your buddy Mitt Romney starting out all his crap that I don't agree with.” Blah blah blah he goes on and on and on being so inhumanely rude. Sister Bergstrom and I both had tears in our eyes, but she just calmly said sorry, etc. Tried to leave-- he continued to be the biggest jerk on the planet, "I'm going to put a freaking gate up so you all will just get the he** away!" So we left and just walk down the road in silence for a few minutes and sat down on the curb side. So yeah. That happened.
But we did have a few good experiences as well. A girl named star who has lots of emotional / mental problems and lots of health problems, we went and helped her, strengthen her and it was so good, her situation makes me cry... So many people have such terrible lives. She was really happy that we had come over. We also saw lots of other people. But when I came back home to Sister Thomason they've gotten four new investigators that day!!! Three of whom I'd met, and one brand new one. So hopefully the work will start getting so good over here in Victorville! Please pray that it will! I love and miss you guys so much you don't even know the struggle I mentally have every day... I want to go home so bad, but I know God needs me to sacrifice for him right now and have a good attitude about it. Ugh, I'm trying, it's so hard. Especially when you sometimes have such hard days. I'm getting used to this though.
I love you!
I miss you!
Love,

Court


No comments:

Post a Comment